Sorry for the late post but I stayed up to watch Mitt Romney’s speech last night. Plus my sinus’ indicate the remains of Issac are on the way. So between the two, I am a moving a little slow today. But at least I am moving!
Michele and Rommie’s Labor Day Weekend Plans
Rommie and I are going to be reading, writing and doing research this weekend.
So I am going to finish off the Swingin’ Summer Saturday’s and Sunday’s with a few of my favorite recipes I’ve published since starting this blog.
Today’s recipe was published last December during the “40 Days of Joy” series. It is not only a great dip but a good source of fiber.
I will be making it this weekend.
Feta, Beans & Champagne – Oh My!
JT’s Easy Dip Recipe
(from the kitchen of JT O'Donnell)
- Two small cans of white beans.
- One bottle of Girard’s Champagne Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. (Available at Marc’s if you live in Ohio)
- A container of crumbled feta cheese.
- Drain cans of beans completely (no liquid) and then puree the white beans in a blender.
- Slowly add the Girard’s dressing (about 1/2 bottle) until its smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the 1/2 have container of feta cheese.
- Pour dip in a bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining feta cheese on top.
- Shake a few dashes of your favorite spices (basil, paprika) on top for color.
- Serve with pita chips!
I made the dip this afternoon. It is easy and yummy! You cannot go wrong fixing this for your holiday get togethers.
I used Navy beans since there were no cans labeled “white” beans. After mentioning this to JT, I found out the beans are Cannellini.
Also I topped it with Tastefully Simple’s “Spinach and Herb” dip mix for color.
Bean, Feta & Champagne Vinaigrette Dip w/Pita Chips
You must be logged in to post a comment.