Not only is it Monday and the start of a new work week, but it is also Labor Day and the start of a new month. Time to kick up the sand on the beach one last time before life gets back to the normal grind of work and school. So kick off those flip-flops and start the day off right dancing on the beach.
I planned this post in May and was hoping to be dancing on the beach this morning, or sometime today, with a new man in my life – but alas, that was not meant to be.
Sorry for the late post but I stayed up to watch Mitt Romney’s speech last night. Plus my sinus’ indicate the remains of Issac are on the way. So between the two, I am a moving a little slow today. But at least I am moving!
Michele and Rommie’s Labor Day Weekend Plans
Rommie and I are going to be reading, writing and doing research this weekend.
So I am going to finish off the Swingin’ Summer Saturday’s and Sunday’s with a few of my favorite recipes I’ve published since starting this blog.
Today’s recipe was published last December during the “40 Days of Joy” series. It is not only a great dip but a good source of fiber.
I will be making it this weekend.
JT’s Easy Dip Recipe
(from the kitchen of JT O'Donnell)
- Two small cans of white beans.
- One bottle of Girard’s Champagne Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. (Available at Marc’s if you live in Ohio)
- A container of crumbled feta cheese.
- Drain cans of beans completely (no liquid) and then puree the white beans in a blender.
- Slowly add the Girard’s dressing (about 1/2 bottle) until its smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the 1/2 have container of feta cheese.
- Pour dip in a bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining feta cheese on top.
- Shake a few dashes of your favorite spices (basil, paprika) on top for color.
- Serve with pita chips!
I made the dip this afternoon. It is easy and yummy! You cannot go wrong fixing this for your holiday get togethers.
I used Navy beans since there were no cans labeled “white” beans. After mentioning this to JT, I found out the beans are Cannellini.
Also I topped it with Tastefully Simple’s “Spinach and Herb” dip mix for color.
Bean, Feta & Champagne Vinaigrette Dip w/Pita Chips