For most of Lent, I have toyed with the idea of pressing the delete key on both JoyReturns and OgleOhio (my photo-blog). I simply did not have the words, nor pictures, for blog posts.
Why did I not have the words?
Since January I have been working as a loan officer at a small local credit union. I love this job. However, it is over-whelming the amount of systems, policies and procedures I must learn. Most days I am mentally and physically beat. The brain is so tired I am unable to think of anything to say.
It is not only my blogging suffering but the freelance writing I was doing for Jennasis and Associates has gone away. There are no words for my friend Jennifer. I submitted a list of ideas at the beginning of the year for her website but lack the words to give those articles life.
Also I submitted my resignation as a GriefShare Co-Facilitator when this 13-week cycle ends and no longer participate in the church’s weekly prayer group.
I feel called to somehow, some way keep JoyReturns going because by ceasing to blog I quit:
- Providing support and encouragement to widows.
- Educating those not grieving about grief.
- Working on changing society’s perception of widows (we are worthless).
So this blog will stay in existence.
Here is what I am going to do:
- OgleOhio will be a bi-weekly blog (every other Tuesday) starting today. A new category will debut on 4/16 entitled “Steeple Chase.” It will be pictures of different steeples through out Ohio. I got the idea after attending my great-aunt’s funeral in January. Debuting at a later date will be “Gizzy-boo’s” which will be pictures of different Gazebo’s through out Ohio. (Gizzy-boo’s are what my nephew’s called them when they were growing up.)
- JoyReturns will be a 3 times a week blog. You will find a new article every Tuesday (God willing) and Weekend Wisdom on Saturday and Sunday. Worse case scenario, JoyReturns will become a weekend only blog. It is easy to find uplifting scripture, quotes, sayings and poems for publication.
Thank you to my new and long-time readers for your continued support during my hiatus. Having new people following JoyReturns helped me decided this blog needs to carry on.
I pray God will bless all my readers with abundant joy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.