Welcome to my Start Here page.
This page is a supplement to my About/Contact page with links to my various adventures.
Featured on Other Blogs
- My Butterfly Story – Widows Christian Place
- Letters to Grief Mash-Up :: A Compilation of Quotes – Heading Home – Kate Motaung
- How to Overcome Wallowing in Two Not-So-Easy Steps – Digging Deeper With God – Christine Drews
- “Drink Deep” A Musical Journey Through Grief – Chris Fabry Interview
- GriefShare – My Explanation
- Like A Broken Vessel: The Gospel and Suicide – Sermon from Pastor Adam Hamilton of Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kansas.
My Grief Journey
- Why JoyReturns?
- How My Journey Began
- An Attempt To Describe Sudden Death
- I Never Understood
- Seeing Blessings In Death
- 3 Benefits To Dating A Widow
- Joe’s Not In Dried Flowers
- One New Reason Friend’s Abandon You
Faith / Beliefs
- Is Life Hard?
- Why Is There Pain and Suffering?
- “There’s A Little Light Inside Us All
- Why Christian’s Faith Sometimes Needs Built Up
10 Years A Widow Series
(A series about my observations based on my experiences the past 10 years.)
- 10 Years a Widow: Hope
- Post #1,501 – Heart Transplant
- Post #1,500 – A Letter to Joe
- Post 1,499 – Non Sum Qualis Eram
- 10 Years a Widow: Comparing Grief
- 10 Years a Widow: Think of Me Fondly
- 10 Years a Widow: Thy Will Be Done
- 10 Years a Widow: Desperate Ways
- 10 Years a Widow: Life’s Greatest Self-Improvement Course
- 10 Years a Widow: Friendships
Rebuilding My Career – The Impossible Dream
- Unemployment Is Harder Than Grief
- My Career Story
- Blogging And My Job Search
- Michele’s #1 Job Search Mistake
- God’s Hand In Michele’s New Job
411 For Employers
Posts Written By or About Rommie (Golden Retriever Daughter)
- Rommie’s Story Part 1
- Rommie’s Story Part 2
- Rommie’s Story – Finale
- A Treat From Rommie
- Surprise! It’s Rommie
- Rommie & Michele’s Backyard Snowfari Adventure (Rommie’s Last Post)
- HRH Rommie Kearns’ Obituary
- Happy 13th Birthday Rommie!
- “I’ll Meet You At The Door” My Last Farewell To Rommie
Living A Joyful Life
- Take Up A Hobby For A Joyful Life
- Sabbath – Living A Joyful Life
- Pray To Live A Joyful Life
- Living A Joyful Life – Read Your Bible
- Living A Joyful Life – Exercise
I Believe In You – Series
- I Believe In You – 30 Day Blessing Challenge
- Dear Santa – I. Believe. In. You.
- Dear Jesus – I. Believe. In. You.
- Dear God – I. Believe. In. You.
- Dear Readers – I. Believe. In. You.
- Dear America – I. Believe. In. You.
“Diaper” Posts (Bladder Control Required Before Reading)
My Faithful Finish Lines Fitness Journey
Book Reviews – Launch Teams
I was blessed to be a part of several book launch teams. These are links to the book reviews.
- Placemaker; Cultivating Places of Comfort, Beauty and Peace – Christie Purifoy
- Battle Ready; Train Your Mind To Conquer Challenges, Defeat Doubt and Live Victoriously – Kelly Balarie
- Fear Fighting; awakening courage to OVERCOME your fears – Kelly Balarie
- The Broken Way; A Daring Path into the Abundant Life – Ann Voskamp
- The Way of Abundance; A 60 Day Journey into a Deeply Meaningful Life – Ann Voskamp
Some of the quotes, poems and scripture I’ve posted on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Be Not Offended – Freda Hanbury Allen
- Charity Not Investment – Arthur C. Brooks
- Fan Into Flame
- Weekend Wisdom Goes To The Birds
12 thoughts on “START HERE”
Michele, this is terrific! I will spend some time here – I want to get to know you and Rommie better.
I read Rommie’s reply to Denali aloud to her. She listened, very alertly, and when I was done she gave a long Husky-howl. I don’t know how to translate that!
I will go back and look at your poetry; things have been a bit challenging here, and I have fallen behind.
May I say that you, and the “Joy Returns” message, are an inspiration to me?
Yes Andrew you may say that JoyReturns’ message and I are an inspiration to you. It does my heart, and Rommie’s too, to know you find comfort and inspiration here. God Bless You.