Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form at the end of this page.
Need help working through your spouse’s sudden move to heaven? I did.
JoyReturns is where you will find support and encouragement as you walk through your grief journey. While the main goal is to help your joy return and seize opportunities to move forward in life, I will not shy away from discussing tough issues.
If you are not grieving, I hope by reading my stories you will learn “how a modern woman takes the punch and goes on.”
My Blogging Adventure
In 2010 I heard the words “widow’s website” in my ear as I was waking up one morning. I looked up at the ceiling and told God “Are you nuts? Joe did not teach me anything about websites before he passed! (Joe was a computer geek)
So I did what any good Christian would do and blew God off. However, He kept nagging at me. Finally I did some research on widow’s websites and did not like what I found. After getting some advice, I wrote my first post which went live 1/13/2011.
Types of Adventures
You will find stories of my adventures through joy, grief, career (including unemployment), faith and life in general. You will also find posts by my late daughter Rommie (8/5/2002 – 7/31/2015), a golden retriever, who occasionally hacked my computer and wrote her own stories.
So grab a second cup of coffee, tea, or other favorite beverage, and Start Here on your joyous adventure through my blog.
Check out the Joyful Resources page for helpful books and websites.
Awards / Nominations
Received the HUG© (Hope Unites Globally) Award for nurturing hope and spreading joy throughout at least 115 countries.
Education B.A. Rhetoric and Communications (public speaking).
- Books: The Bible, Gone With The Wind, One Lavender Ribbon, One Thousand Gifts, and Healing After Loss – Daily Meditations for Working Through Grief are just some examples.
- Music: Jazz, Rock, Disco, Opera, Classical and Big Band were the musical styles I listened to growing up and still enjoy. Oh, and then there is Elvis, because quality singing and entertaining never goes out of style.
- Movies: Gone With The Wind, Serenity, Sound of Music and The King’s Speech.
- Photography: I love taking pictures of nature. OgleOhio is my photography blog.
- Golden Retrievers: Golden Retrievers In Need (G.R.I.N.)
“…having searched the internet from end to end, yours is now the only site I visit every day. Other sites are so depressing with detailed accounts of loss (too much information), bitterness, whining, sarcasm, dark humor, woe is me. I can’t take it and it is not helpful….Your posts are uplifting and make me feel I have a friend by my side on this journey.”