I thought it would be a good idea to close out August here on the blog with a post about the more foo-foo things in life. FYI – this post is not sponsored by any person, place, thing or event.
Sleep usually comes very easy for me but since my new quitting time is late at night – sleep don’t come easy.
Now the worknight is done, I thought I would sit on the deck and photograph some things I am using in an attempt to help relax me and / or lull me to sleep.
From left to right:
- Avon Senses Body Care Enchanted Merveille Black Cherry & Nutmeg Body Spray – Christmas gift I found in my closet.
- Gold Bond Ultimate Skin Therapy Lotion Overnight Deep Moisturizing – Light lavender scent and amazingly softens the driest skin.
- In The Stars Fine Fragrance Mist – Bath and Body Works – Light woodsy, musky but yet airy smell.
- The Book of Psalms (New International Version) – This gets used during the day as well as night. It is bigger print and easier to carry in your purse. I will not lie – I bought this version just because of the cover. Who can resist pink flowers and orange, blue, white and black hummingbird.
- Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea – Chamomile – Delicious on it’s own or paired with their Black Cherry Tea.
- Tea Forte Kati Cup Cherry Blossoms, Ceramic Tea Infuser Cup with Infuser Basket and Lid for Steeping Loose Leaf Tea – I do not have loose leaf tea but putting a tea bag in the infuser cup, pouring hot water over it, and letting it sit makes delicious tea and since I love cherries – I could not pass this mug up.
- Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea – Honey Vanilla Chamomile – Absolutely delicious -contains lemongrass, roasted chicory, licorice, orange peel and natural honey flavor.
So as August draws to a close and we turn the page and head on into September, may God bless you with the ability to relax, unwind and quickly fall asleep.
In peace I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.Psalm 4:8 (NIV)
Bio: Michele Kearns is the founder and HUG© (Hope Unites Globally) Award-Winner of JoyReturns. She shares her widowhood adventures hoping to inspire widows to move through grief and rebuild their lives. A graduate of Kent State University with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, she’s currently using those skills as a virtual logistics contact center representative for a Fortune 100 company. She’s also managed call center teams, co-facilitated a grief support group, and helped small businesses with various writing assignments. Michele is a bookworm, and a lover of history, music, chocolate, red roses, and golden retrievers. She is also the amateur photographer behind the blog OgleOhio.com.