One of the recent changes to the site, besides the design and adding Instagram, is the tagline.
Oldie But A Goodie
The old tag line was
“Michele’s Adventures Through Widowhoood.”
It implies an end to widowhood. However, my widowhood will come to an end only by marrying again or walking through the gates of heaven.
I’ve not had a date in the 9 1/2 years since Joe’s passing so marriage is not an option and I am fine with staying single. What I need a man for is his brute strength to mow the yard, fix plumbing issues and other house hold chores this klutz has no business doing.
In With The New
The new tagline is
“A Fiercehearted Widow Living a Joy Filled Broken and Bittersweet Life.”
The tagline incorporates words from some of my favorite books:
- Fiercehearted – Holley Gerth’s Fiercehearted: Living Fully, Loving Bravely
- Joy – Kay Warren’s Choose Joy: Because Happiness Isn’t Enough
- Broken – Ann Voskamp’s The Broken Way: A Daring Path Into The Abundant Life
- Bittersweet – Shauna Niequist’s Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace and Learning the Hard Way
Changing my tagline to something more positive will hopefully help me be more upbeat and fierce about life and see joy even though I am broken and life is filled with lots of bitter moments. (a.k.a. rebuilding a career)
Sweet From The Bitter
Here are just a few bitter moments:
- Joe’s sudden passing
- Being laid off
- Rebuilding a career that pays the bills
Those bitter moments lead to the following sweet moments:
- Launching this blog.
- Co-facilitating a grief support group for 5 years.
- Meeting new people – (J.T., Jeff, Jennifer, Katherine, Gina, Valerie and Mary – just to name a few).
- Working a seasonal virtual call center position – hopefully, I convert to permanent in November.
These are just a few of the sweet moments God has brought about through my bitter experiences.
Headed For The Future
Not sure what the future hold as I attempt to live out my tag line, but come along with me as I continue to head for a new place, a new life, one step at a time.
(Disclosure: I am on Holley Gerth’s book launch team for Fiercehearted: Living Fully, Loving Bravely. I was also on Ann Voskamp’s book launch team for The Broken Way: A Daring Path into the Abundant Life.)
Bio: Michele Kearns is the founder and HUG© (Hope Unites Globally) Award-Winner of JoyReturns. She shares her widowhood adventures hoping to encourage widows to move through grief and rebuild their lives by seizing new opportunities. A graduate of Kent State University with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, she’s used those skills while working as a call center team leader, facilitating a grief support group and helping small businesses with various writing and administrative assignments. Michele is a bookworm, lover of golden retrievers and an amateur photographer.