Dear God – I.Believe.In.You.
Why would I believe in you when this world is broken, beat up, and flat out busted?
Why would I believe in you when I am 3/4 of the way down the sewer? (The only thing preventing me from going completely down, is my clinging to the cross as it is lying sideways across the sewer hole.)
Why? Because not believing in You means there is:
- no eternal life,
- no belief that today will be a good day,
- no hope for a brighter tomorrow,
- no reason to give thanks,
- no joy, because joy does not exist without thanksgiving.
I need to believe in someone greater than myself, someone in whom I can trust, and someone who is with me 24/7 on this roller coaster journey called life.
That someone I choose to believe in is You God.
I know what your plans are for me in 2016. They are the same plans you have for everyone of your children –
to become a person who possess the same character as your son Jesus Christ,
to become a person who evangelizes by living like Jesus, which means serving others.
That is your plan for me and all humans in 2016 and beyond.
How You Will Grow My Character
The circumstances and events you will use to grow my character are unknown. And I do not want to know the future because if I did, I would freak out. (there I go, linking to a disco song.)
2016 Prayer Requests
If it is not too much to ask, dear gracious and loving heavenly Father, would you in 2016:
- please stabilize my career.
- please put more people in my life who are willing to help me up.
- please put more people in my life who understand $10.00 an hour is not enough to pay a mortgage and all the other household bills.
- please put people in my life who are my age, whether married or single, who I can socialize with at barbecues, picnics, or just sitting around a bonfire.
- please put more people in my life who believe my staying in this house is a valid, worthwhile dream and needs a stable well paying job to come true.
- please provide me with the resources to up my blogging (Update: as of 12/29 He provided me with my first resource – a free course that starts in January.)
Notice I said “please” before each request God.
I thank you in advance God for all the requests written and unwritten you will fulfill.
God, another reason I also believe in you is because this and…
did not happen because of some “big bang.”
For all these reasons and more
P.S. Please grant all my readers safety tonight whether or not they are going out for New Year’s Eve.