Swingin’ Summer Saturdays and Sundays “Pineapple Berry Smoothie”
I found this recipe on Dole’s site while looking for another recipe. I will be making it this morning and will upload a picture as soon as possible. Enjoy!
- 1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1 medium, ripe DOLE Banana, quartered
- 1 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup DOLE Fresh Frozen Strawberries or Raspberries
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Combine crushed pineapple, yogurt, banana, pineapple juice, strawberries and ice cubes in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Garnish with strawberry and banana slice, if desired.
Mad Chef Michele’s Notes:
This is berry delicious and a perfect breakfast smoothie.
I let it sit while making my oatmeal and noticed the pineapple juice separated from the frothy part. It is still drinkable and good. Not sure if I would have blended it longer if that would have helped or if separation is just the nature of this drink.
Well duh! I just realized I forgot to add the yogurt! Maybe that would prevent separation. 😉
Have a berry great Sunday.