The Life We Lead
I believe it is possible for a person to love another person despite the life they lead.
In fact that is what I believe we are required to do.
So love your neighbor as yourself even though:
- She is on welfare and has a kid every other year.
- He plays in a rock band and they rehearse until 2 a.m. on the weekends.
- He or she is bedding a different woman or man every night and twice on Sundays.
- He spends 80% of his time traveling and ignores his wife and kids when he is home.
- She is a widow who has not dated in 4.5 years and there are no prospects on the horizon.
- He is a widower who has spent every day the past 10 years crying and begging for God to bring his wife back.
There is something about the life we lead that any other person can find offensive.
So spend this weekend loving your neighbor as you love yourself. You just might develop a new respect for him or her.