Mom and I went to Golden Retriever’s In Need’s “Bark In The Park” (G.R.I.N.) fundraising event. There were about 100 people and 60 dogs. That’s means a lot of butt-sniffing going on.
Mom and I had a good time but boy were we tired when we left. I got to see my Aunt’s Jane, Mary, MicheLLe and Lisa as well as my Uncle Lennie (he is married to Aunt Jane). I also met a lot of people as I would just walk up and introduce myself.
We paid tribute to all those who gave their lives for this country so the rest of us can enjoy our freedom.
1, 2, 3 Miles
Most people went for a long walk, up to 3 miles, but Mom and I kept it short. She could tell I was hot and tired. Except for Lacey Jane’s water dish, I would only drink out of the one Mom brought. Lacey Jane’s is my friend and I knew she did not have any cooties.
After a walk, we had lunch in a covered pavilion. For lunch I had a potato chip. Mom was amazed I ate that as I have this phobia about eating in public, must be the cootie thing again 😉 Mom and everyone else had turkey wraps, potato chips and a 7 Layer cookie, plus their choice of drink.
The wrap was extremely delicious according to Mom. Her and Aunt Jane figured out how to make it.
Salad Turkey Wrap
- Whole wheat or multi-grain tortilla’s
- Sliced turkey
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Salad dressing of your choice
Shred the lettuce, carrots, onions and cheese in a bowl. Then add in dressing and gently toss to coat.
Lay the tortilla on a plate or cutting board. Put a slice of turkey on the tortilla. Add a little bit of salad on top of the turkey. Roll the tortilla and cut in two.
The amount of ingredients needed will depend upon how many people you are feeding.
7-Layer Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place butter in 13 x 9 inch pan and melt in oven. Swirl to coat bottom and sides with butter.
- Spread crumbs evenly over bottom of pan. Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and nuts over crumbs. Pour condensed milk over nuts. Sprinkle coconut over condensed milk.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
All in all Mom and I had a great time and hopefully G.R.I.N. raised lots of money for my cousins who are in need of furever homes.