I had the opportunity to read a copy of the e-book “You Are A Writer” (Link) by Jeff Goins prior to publication. I subscribe to goinswriter.com and enjoy his articles so when he offered 100 of his readers an opportunity to read his forth-coming book, I took a chance and requested a copy. Truthfully, I figured the copies would be all gone by the time my request reached him.
“You Are A Writer”
“You Are A Writer” was a joy to read. It is packed full of encouragement, wonderful advice and practical tips, so much so that I am having a hard time deciding what to share in this review.
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for:
- Experienced Writers
- Job seekers, yes they too can benefit from the book.
- People who are undecided about whether or not they are a writer.
The “When You Feel Trapped” section will help you fall back in love with writing. From time to time we all need to reflect back on why we made the choices we did and the choice of being a writer is no exception. If you remember why you became a writer and make one important choice, your best work is still yet to be created.
2 Reasons Jobs Seekers Will Find It Helpful
Job seekers will even find it helpful because:
- They are writers of cover letters, resumes and thank you notes – so take Jeff’s advice on practicing. Don’t just write a cover letter when you need one, write them when you are not under pressure. The more you practice the better you will get at writing them.
- Jeff breaks down the concept of “Personal Branding”. His explanation is the best ever because it is the easiest I have found to understand. THANK YOU!!!!!!
Budding writers unsure if this is the career they should pursue will find Jeff’s book helpful because he covers:
- Whether writers are born or made
- Turning pro
- Getting published
And a lot more information people need to know when contemplating a writing career.
The Most Important Takeaway
The one paragraph that stuck with me the most occurs in “Creating A Legacy” section. It was as if someone dumped a bucket of water on me. So if you are on the fence about whether or not you are a writer, pay attention to this quote from Jeff.
“And who are you? A writer if you’ll believe it.
I hope you do, because we need your voice. We need your message.”
Thank You Jeff for sharing your message in “You Are A Writer.” (Another Link)
Not only are you a writer, but you are memorable.