What Christianity Means To Me
I have felt the need to do a couple of posts about Christianity. Today I will start with what it means to me and tomorrow will be about what Christians should and should not do regarding converting others.
- Following Jesus’s teachings.
- “…Love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 23:39
- “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12 (NIV)
- “ But l you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good t those who hate you, bless those who curse your, pray for those who mistreat you.” Luke 6:27-28
- “For God so loved the world that he gave is one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:16 – 17 (NIV) Etc.
- Accepting that Jesus took my place on the cross.
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with Jesus and God through prayer, worship & Bible Study.
- Living a life of service out of gratitude for what he did for me. Some examples include, this blog, Co-Facilitating a Griefshare group, being part of the prayer ministry group, and doing my best to live a life that when I reach heaven I will hear him say: “Well done, good and faithful servant.” (Matthew 25:23)
Christians are people who believe and follow Jesus’s teachings however, we are not perfect. We are sinners. Jesus was the only perfect human to walk the face of the earth. We strive to be perfect but fall short. When we do, we ask for forgiveness and hopefully do not make the same mistake twice.
A Christian achieves perfection only when he/she moves to heaven.