I read Chris Brogan’s blog and once he mentioned the 3 word challenge, I started thinking about my three words. I could only think of one:
- Job Search – I already started on the streamlining the job search about 3 or 4 weeks ago. My philosophy was a “leave no stone unturned” approach. Heck, even the outplacement company I worked with had people getting quality jobs through newspaper ads. While I came close to getting jobs with that approach, I have decided to abandon it. So bye-bye:
- Simply Hired,
I will stick with LinkedIn, LinkUp and Networking.
- Email Streamlining – The email’s I receive from different sites has also been cleaned up.
- House Streamlining – Little by little this house is being streamlined. It must be done as Joe was and I am a pack rat.
- Spiritual Streamlining – Reading daily devotions, grief books, and leadership books.
- Physical Streamlining – Exercising more and exploring different types of exercises.
That’s 2012 in one word.
Now for 2012 Chris Brogan Style (3 Words)
Joy. Pray. Give.
Be more joyful, smile more, do not let circumstances dictate my mood, and find more people, places, events and things enjoy. Let my joy be evident when people see me, let joy show through this blog, let joy show in my new job. Use Black and Blue beads to help me see joy.
Pray about everything and not just in the morning or at bedtime. Send up prayers throughout the day, that means prayers of help and thanksgiving. Use a journal to keep track of my prayers.
Give of myself and finances. Now this does not mean I have an endless supply of money to dish out to people. The finances are for regular tithing, even though I do not have a lot what I have to give is mighty and powerful.
My time refers to my volunteer work which also was streamlined year so the focus can be finding a job.
Not How But Where
How did I decide on these three words? The question should be where did I find these 3 words? The answer is:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Be, Pray, and Give require doing. Doing these will help me live out the philosophy of this blog:
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.”
Matthew 7:12 (NIV)
“…Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)
“Joy is perfect acquiescence in God’s will because the soul delights in God Himself.”
This post marks the end of “40 Days of Joy” (which was extended one day because I ran the same video on 12/24 and 12/25). Hopefully this series brought you some joy this past holiday season. I know everyone’s circumstances are different but hopefully this series brought some joy to you.
Thank you for following my blog and may you have a joy filled 2012.
(Not sure why there is a font issue again today.)