Bob is a Career Development Specialist – until Friday when he retires and starts a new chapter in life.
During Monday’s “Coffee Talk” at the local library, he spoke about the things he learned along the way. It was a fascinating speech filled with wonderful lessons.
Some of the items mentioned in his speech that job seekers need to do are:
- Stand Out
- Take Risk
- Get through the grief of losing your job
- Write a well thought out thank you note after sending a thank you email to your interviewer.
However, it was his 28 day challenge that resonated the most with me and I decided to share it with you.
Bob’s 28 Day Challenge
This challenge will work whether you are grieving the loss of your job, your spouse or your self-esteem is shot because of various other reasons.
- Get a notebook and keep it along with a pen beside your bed.
- When you get up in the morning, pick 2 POSITIVE traits about you and write each one in your journal 5 times.
- Repeat just before going to bed.
- The next day pick 2 different positives about you and write those 5 times in your notebook. (you can pick the same traits as the day before if you want.)
- Repeat this process for 28 days.
When speaking to job seekers he offers to buy anyone lunch if this process does not help them after 28 days.
He has never had to buy anyone lunch either because:
- They were afraid to admit they did not do the challenge.
- Because it worked.
Today is the 26th, so you have the rest of today and 4 more days to get your notebook and pen ready for October 1st.
Do it for 28 days and see how your self-esteem improves and how your joy returns.
A Thank You Note
Thank you Bob for helping those in transition.
All God’s best to you and your family.
Enjoy your ride into the sunrise of the next chapter of life.