I recently read “5 Steps to Reinvent Yourself for a new Career Direction.”
However, there were two words that stuck out when I read the title and they were “Reinvent Yourself.”
How many of job seekers are willing to reinvent themselves? The answer is not many. Most job-seekers are too scared to undergo a radical change. It is just too, too risky. Even doing just one new thing in their search is too risky. They are content to sit by the phone waiting for their dream company to call them with a job offer.
Success = Risk
To be successful in finding a job now-a-days requires taking risks which means you need some guts.
Whether it is:
- Updating your 80′s hairstyle
- Participating in LinkedIn groups
- Answering questions on LinkedIn
- Starting your own consulting business
- Attending networking events, seminars and luncheons
- Becoming involved in a home based business such as Avon, Pampered Chef or Tastefully Simple etc…
- Joining job search groups and having your personal information put on a list of job seekers and that list is distributed among the entire group.
If you refuse to take even small risks, well I hope you have a very fat bank account because you will never work again.
So step out there and take a chance or two in your job search, you never know what rewards will come your way. They will come but in God’s time not yours.
“No Guts, No Glory”
(More on Risks and Reinvention Tomorrow)